APAC Summer Tour
I have just landed in Tokyo for what will be a month long tour visiting our customers in the Asia Pacific Region. Next to customer visits I will take part in a number of events organized by AWS and by our partners.
This week in Japan there are three public events planned:
- July 4 - AWS HPC Night at Fuji Soft Hall in Akihabara. Next to a presentation by me about HPC on AWS, there is a panel with Japanese HPC experts moderated by Dr Kazuyuki Shudo of Titec.
- July 5 - Cloud IT Leadership seminar on Business Continuity in partnership with Deloitte. I will be presenting about how CIO strategies for business continuity are changing in the light of increasing business agility. There is a tremendous interest in using the AWS multi-Availability Zone features for disaster prevention and recovery in the wake of the March 11 earthquake.
- July 6 - ASIS2011 - the Symposium on Cloud, ASP and Saas organized by Nikkei. I will give a keynote on enterprise migration strategies.
Next weekend I will travel to Australia where we will have two "Navigating the Cloud with AWS" Events. I will give a State of the Cloud keynote but more important customers will join us on stage to talk about and answer questions about the experiences with AWS. Simone Brunozzi will talk about Architecting for the Cloud and Jon Jenklins will present on how Amazon.com migrated to AWS.
- July 12 - Melbourne, where David Harrison of Freelancer.com and James Wilson of the REA Group will join us
- July 14 - Sydney, where Francisco Urbina of Esri and David Harrison of Freelancer.com will also be speaking.
Korea is then the next destination but I will return to Australia after that to participate in the Australian CIO Summit.
I will update this posting as more details about public events become available.